In the wake of a recent assertion by American RnB and pop star Chris Brown concerning the Ghanaian dance craze which has taken over the world, “Azonto” on BET’s 106 & Park, a research by your authoritative entertainment website www.nydjlive.com has proven that a bit of study by Chris Brown on Azonto dance could have had him well informed.
Wizkid in an earlier interview pointed out clearly to Tim Westwood some months ago that, Azonto originated from Ghana and gave a shouts to Ghanaian Afrobeatz and dancehall group R2bees for supporting him on his Azonto remix.
According to Wizkid,
Azonto is just a dance so everyone is having fun that’s something about Africa. Azonto started from Ghana but now everyone is having fun with it and learning the dance. I decided to do remix some months back when I visited Ghana and it became big, big ups to my guys R2Bees.
- FBS: We Are The Originators of Azonto Dance (glitzghana.com)
- Azonto Is A Nigerian Thing – Says Chris Brown (theliberiangossip.wordpress.com)
- NEW MIXES: DJ Foe Presents “Afrozonto Mixtape Volume 3” (glitzghana.com)
- Did P-Sqaure steal ‘Azonto’ and name it ‘Alingo’? – Samini asks (mosvinbami.com)
- ‘Lords of the Ribs’ Comedy Show Thrills Ghana (glitzghana.com)