Download WhatsApp Status Videos and Photos
WhatsApp launched its new status feature in February 2017– an encrypted Snapchat Stories clone which allow users to post videos, photos, GIFs on their status and automatically disappears within 24 hours.
Since its inception, I have been an active user of that feature — helping me market or advertise my products and services to my contacts.
In a bid to lure more users to view my Ads, I also share funny and thought-provoking videos and photos. As a result, many people on my contact list, time-in time-out ask me to send them those contents privately.
READ ALSO: Samsung Printers Receive 7 Awards
However, there is a very easy way of downloading or saving a user’s WhatsApp status videos, photos, and GIFs to your phone without using an App or even asking the person for it.
Follow these simple steps which I have grouped them into two (2) — the WhatsApp Messenger Side and File Manager Side:
(A) The WhatsApp Messenger Side
- Open your WhatsApp Messenger App
- Slide to the “Status” open
- Open any video, photo, or GIF uploaded by the user in your contact and watch. NB: This will automatically download/save the file to your File Manager/Explorer.
(B) The File Manager Side
- Open the “File Manager/Explorer” App
- Open the “WhatsApp” folder
- Open the “Media” folder
- Click on the “three dots icon” or “more” option
- Click on the “Show Hidden Files” option. NB: In some phones, you would have to select ‘Settings’ under those options
- Open the “.Statuses” folder. NB: Now you can see all the videos, photos, or GIFS you have watched in this folder
- Copy those you want to have on your phone and paste it in another folder
Great! You are done. Enjoy your videos, photos, or GIFs. If you are still facing any problem, you can contact me.